Hello hiveans, have you heard or seen the newly released updates by the ecency team that allows you to create short Form content from the new interface of ecency Deck 2.0. Well, the ecency wave is all over the blockchain and people are accessing it and using it for various functions suitable to their blogging lifestyle.
AN OVERVIEW OF ECENCY DECKS
Ecency decks are slides that contains ecency waves, LeoThreads and dBuzz, all in a bid to creating short Form content and also combining it with project blank.
ADVANTAGES OF ECENCY WAVES
- its fast and easy to use, I was actually surprised when I used the waves for the first time and every went so smoothly, unlike when new updates come up and there are plenty of bugs.
- the ecency waves can be used for promotion of blogs as well.
- like I said, it's for short contents. As we all know, it's not everytime you want to publish in long Form, it could just be nice, short and straight to the point. One thing great about it is that, it alerts you when the content is getting too long, so you can adjust.
- The layout of the front end is so cool that it allows you integrate all 3 updates of waves, LeoThreads and buzz all at once.
- publishing waves is not difficult but straightforward and fast.
- commenting on waves is simple as well.
- it's easy to navigate through the waves, LeoThreads and buzz at once, as they are placed side by side. No need to go back, reconnect and so on.
- it's very suitable for mobile users, been a touchscreen, sliding through the columns is not a problem.
- easy to switch between decks and normal ecency page.
SETTING UP DECKS ON ECENCY
SIMPLE STEPS FOR DECK SET Up USING MOBILE
- first step is to login to the ecency.com web or you can just click through this link https://www.ecency.com/decks. You get a short intro talking about waves and decks saying...
Introducing Waves and Decks 2.0 🎉
Short-content publishing, surfing is here! Next iteration of Social Dashboard will revolutionize your experience on Web3.0.
- after clicking on decks, next step is to select add new column to get the options as indicated below.
Note however, if you are using a mobile phone, you might need to select the display as desktop site option
- next step is to select waves, which will automatically show the various options of ecency waves, LeoThreads and Buzz. Choose waves.
- in view, when you select the options waves, you get a display like this in the diagram below
This is what the comment section on people's waves look like
- to add more columns also requires following the same method applied in the first, select the 'add column', 'add Leothread' and you get something like this in the picture below. You can also do it for the third.
See how beautiful the layout is and scrolling through is so smooth. In using decks, I post my random thoughts out there as short Form post. This was my first post on waves.
HOW TO PUBLISH A WAVE
To publish a wave requires just some simple steps
- first, click the blue circle with a pencil in it
- after clicking, it takes you to where you can publish a post
- finally, before publish, make sure to decide where to post it by clicking 'ecency wave' to give you options like in the picture below.
- this selection approves that you are either posting in waves, Leothread or Dbuzz.
In conclusion, considering mobile phone users is a plus to the success of the update. The fact that it works on both mobile and pc devices efficiently is a great feat. This however is a huge development in incorporating the Twitter like web2 platform in a web3 blockchain.