If you have puff pastry dough (or make some), 8 oz cream cheese, 3 Tablespoons sugar, 1 egg yolk, 1 Tablespoon orange juice, and 1 teaspoon vanilla... you can make Cheese Pastry.
1. Preheat you oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Take all the ingredients above and mix it together, until smooth.
3. Cut the pastry dough into 8 pieces. If you are using store-bought puff pastry dough as what I have here, that's four pieces per dough. Put egg wash in the corners on the dough.
Fold the four corners, making an octagon. An egg wash is simply a beaten whole egg with 1 Tablespoon of water.
4. Put a tablespoon or so of creamed cheese mixture in the center of each dough. I distributed ALL of the creamed cheese equally to all 8 pieces of dough. Do not spread the cheese.
5. You can add fresh fruits like apples or peaches if you wish. I added fresh blueberries because I had them. You can even add fruit preserves such as strawberry jelly. Or you may have it plain Cheese Pastry.
Cover all areas of dough with egg wash.
6. Do this for all the pieces. If you wish, you can drizzle with a little bit of granulated sugar (optional).
7. Bake it in a 400 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
Food Cost: All ingredients were bought from the grocer in town. The 8oz cream cheese was $2.88, puff pastry at $4.75, two eggs cost $0.58. The rest of ingredients is $1.50 including blueberries. Total cost of ingredients was $9.71 or $1.21 per pastry.
That is less than half the price of a store-bought pastry!
There is something to be said about cooking your own food... from partial or totally from scratch. This recipe is very easy and quick to prepare.
I made this last Sunday to bring to church for a bake sale. They priced it at $4.50 a piece, and it was gone in a second.
Nothing compares to fresh baked pastry. Plus, you control the ingredients!
1. Go to the market, or anywhere that you pay money for a service. Take pictures! Be creative!
2. Tell us a little bit about the market or the event. What brought you there?
3. What did you buy? How much did it cost?Post the picture(s) Of course, you should tell a little bit about the ones you post
4. Use the MarketFriday Community Platform to post #hive-196308 (this is not required, but appreciated)
5. Drop the link into the MarketFriday comment section so I can find it Following me and reblogging the post so more see it would be appreciated !! Not a rule, just appreciated, more vision for more views on your posts!
I post an article daily, and I hope to see you again soon!