Hope all are safe and well!
Yesterday, my brother harvested squash from his garden. 😀 I cooked the half of squash for our dinner last night. You may visit my blog here. Today, I cooked my own version of super moist chocolatey squash 'n raisins cake for the very first time. 😀😀😀 I do not have oven. I do not have whisk. I do not have electric mixer. But, I did it! 😀😀😀
Let me show you how I did it. 😀😀😀 Let's start the long process. 😀😀😀
- All purpose flour
- White sugar
- Evaporated milk
- Cacao chocolate
- Vegetable oil
- Slice the squash. Take away the seeds and peel.
- Cut into cubes the squash. Wash with clean water. Drain. Put in the pot with water and boil.
- Once the squash is cooked and is already soft, transfer in other pot and mashed using spoon and fork coz we don't have whisk or electric mixer.
- Add one cup of all purpose flour and mix well.
- Add one cup of white sugar and mix.
- Add salt and mix.
- Add two eggs and mix.
- Add half can of evaporated milk and mix well.
- Because I am using the rice cooker pot in mixing the ingredients, I transferred the mixture in other container. I gonna use rice cooker in cooking the mixture. I wash the rice cooker pot. Let it dry. Put one tablespoon of vegetable oil and spread over the pot so that the squash cake will not stick to the pot once cook.
- Transfer the mixture in the rice cooker pot.
- Sprinkle raisins on top of the mixture.
- Cook the mixture in a rice cooker. Coz we don't have oven. Be patient in cooking the mixture coz rice cooker turn to warm even it is not yet cooked. Always check the rice cooker. When it turns to warm, after few minutes turn to cook. 😀 Coz I am using rice cooker, it takes me 2 1/2 hours cooking the squash cake mixture. To check when it is cook, I used toothpick.
- While I am waiting for the cake to cook, I prepare the chocolate mixture for toppings of the squash cake. I shredded the solid cacao chocolate using the knife and my bare hands only. 😀 Put it in a pan. Added two tablespoon hot water and mix them well until cacao chocolate melted.
- Add a cup of white sugar and mix well.
- Add one tablespoon cornstarch that is melted in one tablespoon of hot water and add the remaining half can of evaporated milk. Mix well until it becomes evenly.
- Put the pan in a medium heat of fire and continue stirring until the chocolate mixture thickens or volumize that is perfect for the squash cake toppings. 😀
- I was done making the chocolate mixture but the squash cake mixture not yet cooked. After 2 1/2 hours of waiting, the squash cake mixture been cooked. I take it out the pot from the cooker and let it cool down.
- When it cools down, I transferred the squash cake in a plate.
- Spread the chocolate mixture on top of the cake. Add some more raisins on top.
- Slice the cake and serve! 😋
It is a super moist chocolatey squash 'n raisins cake after a long process and waiting. 😀😀😀
It is a healthy delicious snacks or desserts. 😀😀😀 We had a happy snack time in the afternoon! 😀😀😀 I also shared to the worker next house. 😀😀😀
That's how I cook my own simple version of squash cake. 😀😀😀
Thank You Lord for the blessings and love!
Be grateful in every little/simple things and you'll find happiness you ever wanted! 😀😀😀
Everyday is worth to be grateful of!
Praying for the safety and wellness of all.
Heal Our Land Oh God!