Hey lovelies ❤️
It's your favorite girl @debbie-ese 😍
Welcome to my blog 🤗
In my previous post, I shared with you all how I went to the market to purchase the ingredients needed to prepare fried rice. In this post, I will be sharing with you the process of cooking my sumptuous fried rice.
Fried rice is unarguably a popular rice dish in Nigeria but may not take Jollof rice out of the first position, anyways. There are quite a number of ways of preparing this meal, the choice is yours to use whichever style or method suits you. Some method requires you to parboil the rice, then add your stocks, veggies, then cook till its done. Some people may prefer to cook the rice till its fairly done, then add vegetable oil, stock and the already fried veggies. Well, I'm going to be trying something different from these two methods.
• Beef and beef stock
• Red pepper
• Green pepper
• Green peas and green beans
• Garlic and ginger
• Curry powder
• Seasoning cubes
• Salt to taste
HOW TO PREPARE
• Wash the onions, green pea, green beans, carrots thoroughly and chop into small sizes. Set aside.
• Wash and blend the green pepper and red pepper separately. Set aside.
• Wash the rice carefully and ensure you've gotten rid of the starch to a reasonable extent.
• Set a pot on medium heat, add some vegetable oil, when the oil is hot, pour the rice and fry. Stir consistently so that it won't get burnt.
• When you notice it has fried, add some water, then pour your garlic, ginger, blended green pepper into the pot
• Cover the pot and let it cook for about 2 minutes
• Now, add your seasonings cubes, curry, thyme, beef stock and any other seasonings of your choice. Cover the pot and cook till its done
• While that's cooking, get a frying pan, place on medium heat, add some vegetable oil
• When it's fairly hot, add the chopped onions and fry for some seconds, then add the green beans, continue to fry
• Add some seasoning cubes and fry. Check if it's tasty, if not add some salt
• Add the carrot and continue to fry all together for about 3 minutes
• When they are well fried, switch the heat off and set aside.
• Now, check if your rice is done. If it's done swich the heat off and set aside.
• Now, it's time to mix my fried veggies with the rice. Since, I'm not going to eat all at once, I'm not going to mix everything.
• So, I will mix some quantity of rice with some veggies and serve.
• Food is ready.
Thank you for your time lovelies.
The post is originally written by me 💕@debbie-ese💕