As I write this, I am of course extremely sleepy. Is there any other mode for busy adults/parents? My wife likes to say, "Adulting is not very fun sometimes." And I heartily agree. But that's what naps are for. 😴😴😴
Our most recent contest was to discuss a movie that made you sleepy. There were some great choices and I will be honest some of them made me sleepy just reading the reviews and I didn't even have to watch the movies themselves.
Okay, enough joking around, let's get to the winners!
Our first place winner in this contest is @mairene1 with the entry on the movie Troy: @mairene1/cine-tv-contest-30-troy-a-movie-that-made-me-fall-asleep
Personally, I loved the Iliad and the movie Troy wasn't a terrible adaptation. However, this was a long movie with some really boring parts and lots of talking. Brad Pitt was pretty good in it but I can definitely fall asleep during this one. Maybe the volume would need to be down a bit but I could do it!
The second place finisher was @merit.ahama with the entry on the movie Queenpins: @merit.ahama/cinetv-contest-30-that-movie
A movie about coupons. I love to save money but a movie about coupons would DEFINITELY put me to sleep. Fantastic choice.
In third place we have @nathyortiz with her entry about Titanic: @nathyortiz/eng-spa-cine-tv-contest-30--movie-that-makes-me-sleep
I know that there will be some that find this choice very frustrating. I was working in the video store when this movie came out and there was nothing more popular than this movie! BUT, I agree with you. A super long movie and as my friends used to say..."boy I wonder how it's going to end?" Thanks for your choice!
225 CINE COINS and 100 Ecency Points will be transferred to the winners.
Now if anyone disagrees with our choices then please tag us in a comment on this post!
And let's move on to the new contest!
Favorite Movie with a Young Lead
Write about your favorite movie with a young lead.
I am always amazed at how children can do things that most adults can't do! When I was young, my Mom thought I might be able to be a child actor. It turns out, I didn't have what it takes but I did love to ham it up (and I still do!). There are just so many young actors out there that have left me speechless with their performances and this contest will require you to highlight one of them.
In this CineTV Contest, you are tasked with writing about a movie with a young lead that impressed you. How did the young person move you, astonish you, make you believe in the character and maybe even how they upstaged the adults around them? Did the age of the actor/actress make a difference? Would you have wanted them to be older or younger? What drew you to this choice?
I will only curate and put in the contest those entries that live into the spirit of the contest. I'm sure there will be a variance on defining "young" but give me a personal and gripping entry that fits in the parameters. I look forward to seeing which movies and which young people you choose!
Please check out the list of rules and suggestions below or feel free to ask me in the Discord channel if you have any questions (caulderfreeman). Enjoy this week's contest and good luck!
Winners and prizes
This contest will have 3 winners and 225 CINE in prizes. They will be distributed as follows.
1ST Place — 100 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS!
2ND Place — 75 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS
3RD Place — 50 CINE AND 100 ECENCY POINTS
- Publish your entry from our frontend https://cinetv.blog or post to cinetv community if you prefer peakd, ecency or hive.blog
- The entries should be written in English for evaluation purposes (You can translate from your mother tongue if you want to.)
- The post title should include CineTV Contest:. For example, CineTV Contest: Your Title Here.
- Use #cinetvcontest among your tags.
- Include a link to this post somewhere in your entry. So your friends can find this easily.
- Put down a comment with the link of your entry on this post below.
- Only one entry per person.
- The submission deadline is 27th September, 2022, 11:59 PM, UTC time.
Evaluation and Some Tips
- You can use these prompts as a helping hand (purely optional) but you're free to go however you want.
► What you loved or hated about it.
► How it influenced you (and/or people around you).
► What part of it did you find most interesting.
► Any scene that still pops into your mind.
► Performance of the actors/actress that left an impression.
► Why do you think it's significant and great (or not).
You're free to include multiple films in your entry.
- There's no need to be mechanical. Write with a free hand. We might overlook if you forget to do a step or two stated in the rules (except the first one).
- We'll evaluate the posts based on the writing quality, sincerity, and faithfulness to the spirit of the contest.
DO NOT PLAGIARZE, COPY AND PASTE, OR SPIN FROM OTHER SOURCES!!!! MAKE SURE ALL IMAGES ARE SOURCED!!!
Happy Writing then! Blog on!
The cover photo is edited in Canva.