JAPANESE CREAM CAKE
I have made a lot of reference recipes on the Internet. This is the method I find the easiest to succeed. The way I do it has changed a bit in a way that I find more convenient for me. I want to share so that everyone who loves me, please refer to it! During the pandemic, there is so much stress everywhere! At home, I have a lot of time to go to the kitchen to make my favorite dishes, but now no one sells them 😅.
Cream puffs combined with the outer shell are made from melted butter cookies with a cool, greasy vanilla ice cream filling to dispel the summer heat. This is one of the most loved cold desserts in Japan.
My son loves to eat this dish.
1.Vanilla Ice Cream Filling
2 egg yolks
Fresh milk without sugar 240ml
Vanilla 1 teaspoon
Fresh milk cream 180ml
2. Butter Cookie Crust:
Unsalted Butter 60g
All-purpose flour 60g (10% protein)
3. Cake shell:
Unsalted Butter: 60g
All-purpose flour: 70g
Chicken eggs: 2 eggs
Bake at 200°c for 20 minutes
🧑🍳 HOW TO DO:
1. Vanilla ice cream filling:
- Put the egg yolks and sugar in the pot, stir until dissolved.
- Sift the flour into the pot and stir until dissolved.
- Fresh milk I put in the microwave to heat for 1 minute 800w.
- Add the heated fresh milk slowly into the pot and stir until melted.
- Put the pot on the stove and cook on low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is smooth like cream.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl covered with cling wrap, place in the refrigerator for 1~2 hours to cool.
- Use an egg beater to beat the fresh milk to soft peaks, not stiff peaks.
- When the filling has cooled down, take it out and add 1 teaspoon of vanilla water. Mix well.
- Put the vanilla mixture into the fresh milk cream and beat until a smooth, creamy mixture.
- Put in a bag of whipped cream. Put in the fridge to cool.
2. Butter Cookie Shell:
- Put butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until dissolved.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and continue to mix until dissolved.
- Put the cake mixture in a wrap bag and cover it with another piece of wrap using a stretcher.
- Put in the freezer to freeze. I leave it for about 30 minutes.
3. The rubber cake part:
- Put the water, butter in a pot, put it on the stove, and cook until the butter melts. Turn off the stove.
- Bring the pot down to the flour, stir quickly until the powder dissolves evenly without lumps.
- Put the pot on the stove and cook on low heat for about 1 minute until the dough is cooked evenly.
Bring the pot down and let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Put the dough into the whipped cream bag.
Shape the dough onto a baking tray equal pieces (lined with parchment paper or a silicone sheet like mine.)
- Butter cookie crust. I took the dough out from the freezer. Use a round mold to cut 9 pieces quickly, cut slowly, the dough will be soft and hard to get! 😅
- Place the butter cookie dough on top of the cookie dough.
Pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes to preheat the oven.
Bake at 200°c for 20 minutes
- Note that depending on the oven, adjust the temperature a little higher or lower!
If you have never baked this cake before, adjust it to 200°C like I did 10 minutes of baking. See how the cake is and then adjust it up or down so that the golden cake is beautiful.
I wish you success with the recipe I share.❣️