After trying several recipes, I finally found the best veggie burger recipe!! What do I like to do is make them a lot at the same time, and wrap them individually put them in the freezer. When you have no idea or the dinner menu or when you feel tired or lazy all you should do is take them out and defrosts them, so easy!
I sometimes have them with lettuce buns which are healthier and I sometimes have them with burger buns. Both are so delicious 😋
Prep: 20 hours
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 50 mins
Servings: 6 patties
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 1/2 cups roughly chopped cremini mushrooms
• 2 cloves garlic (minced)
• 1 medium onion
• 1 medium carrot (shredded)
• 1/4 cup shredded beetroot
• 1 can chickpeas
• 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
• 1/2 cup raw walnut halves
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 1/2 ground cumin
• 1 Tbsp soy sauce
• freshly ground pepper
1. Add 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pan and heat over medium-high heat, and add the mushrooms, onion, garlic, carrot, beetroot, and 1/2 tsp of salt. Saute until the vegetables soften, about 10 minutes.
2. Add chickpeas, oats, walnuts, paprika, cumin, soy sauce, black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, and sauteed vegetables into the food processor.
3. Pulse the mixture in 5-second bursts 3-4 times (total 15 - 20 seconds) until it's combined. It should be slightly crunchy.
4. Use a 1/3 cup measure to scoop, then press it between your hands to flatten out the burger patties.
5. Add oil in the skillet, then cook them at medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Serve it with buns, lettuce, tomato, sauce, etc.