Enjoy Cake? How about cake for breakfast? 🤔
If you enjoy cake as much as I do then you're going to love this new breakfast cake recipe I created for YOU! This is a family favorite the Huckleberry Coffee Cake I remember my childhood and waking up to the smell of this as my dad baked it in the oven.
This easy coffee cake recipe is packed with huckleberries! Exploding in flavor across your taste buds in each bite this truly is a Gubchef recipe you'll want to keep on hand often.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Ready In: 1 hour and 10 minutes
- Level Beginner
- 1/4 cup salted butter (softened)
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups huckleberries or your berry of choice
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry macaroni
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a 9 inch round baking dish with butter or cooking spray
- Cream the butter and cream cheese together until smooth
- Slowly add in sugar and mix together until combined Add egg and mix again until smooth
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. After add it into butter mixture
- Mix in vanilla and fold in berries of choice
- In a new bowl combine your sugar and cinnamon for topping
- Pour cake mixture into the prepared baking dish and top with cinnamon topping. Place in oven at 250F to bake for 60 minutes.
- Take out of oven after 60 minutes and let cool. ENJOY!
What berries will you be using in yours?