Do you enjoy Curry? What about chicken noodle soup? This recipe combines both and goes Vegan by using Chickpea in place of chicken.
For me traditional chicken noodle soup is too brothy for me so instead I use full-fat coconut milk. I know you're thinking right now...
- "GUBBA, you hate coconut"
- "Full-fat? But fat is bad!"
For one I enjoy coconut milk in soups and curries because I can't taste the coconut lol and two fats are healthy and a necessary part of our diets.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Ready In: 30 minutes
- Level: Beginner
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium carrots
- 5 celery stalks
- 1 yellow onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 12 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 16 ounces full fat canned coconut milk
- 32 ounces vegetable broth
- 8 ounces rotini noodle of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Chop carrots, celery and onion in bite sized.
- When oil is warm pour in vegetables and cook until tender about 8-10 minutes and sprinkle in pinches of salt and pepper throughout.
- When vegetables are tender add garlic, curry powder, ground ginger and turmeric. Stir together for 1-2 minutes
- Stir in coconut milk, vegetable broth and rotini noodles
- Brings to simmer over medium-high heat. Once simmering place on low and cover the pot. Cook for 8-10 minutes until noodles are cooked through.
- Taste and adjust spices to your preference. (salt, pepper, curry, ginger and turmeric)