Cutting Out Carbs
My dependence on sugar just gets worst by the day. That is sad. So sad, especially that I don't get to exercise regularly. Now the carbs are taking over my belly.
My sweet tooth does not help me at all, too. I keep on craving for many things I should not. Holy crap.
The other day, "brownies" came to mind. I thought of using this recipe, but then I changed my mind and decided to go "low carb" instead.
Low Carb Brownies
For this recipe, I used almond flour and steviana for sweetener. I honestly thought it won't be as good, but either my family is too hungry to eat anything on the table, or it is really good. 😅
- 1 cup almond powder
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 100g steviana sweetener
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a 9*6" baking pan.
- Whisk sugar and butter, then add the eggs.
- Mix together all dry ingredients, then gradually add this to the egg and sugar mixture. Mix properly until properly incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake. Set a timer to check at the 30 min mark. You can turn off when even if you get "slightly moist" toothpick when you test.
- Top with sea salt if desired.
Share and enjoy!