Greetings once again #plantbased chefs of Spaceship Earth, it's @JustinParke here with the latest Plant Power Cooking Challenge and last week's winners. Serving as @NaturalMedicine's Plant-Based Curator gives me a chance to highlight some of Hive's most delicious creations. The opportunity to highlight and reward some of this blockchain's most delicious recipes is both fun and time-consuming, but the positives outweigh the negatives. Week #12 has arrived, so let's get cookin'!
Every Thursday is a new challenge and new ingredients, of which you may use one or more to make in your recipe submission. Not only is this challenge published from this account, I also share the link within the Plant Power curation posted every Thursday via the main @NaturalMedicine account.
WEEK #12 - NEW INGREDIENTS FOR A NEW WEEK
I am always trying to drum up new ideas and flavors, so I hope you all like what I chose for this week's featured ingredients. I included fermentation and pickling this time around, so I'm curious to see what direction this will take us, but everything from dill pickles to kimchi are welcome.
The other ingredients are self-explanatory, but will also keep you on your toes and the creativity flowing. Alright chefs, let's get moving!!
Plant Power Cooking Challenge@shielashraf
Week #11 Winner
It's no secret that I'm a fan of South Asian food because the array of spices is so well-suited for vegetarian/vegan recipes. This recipe is a perfect example of the flavors/spices that made me fall in love with this cuisine so many years ago. The green peas and the mushrooms alone triggered some major cravings, mostly because they either unavailable or unaffordable here in Suriname.
Congratulations @sheilashraf! You are the winner of 25 LOTUS, 5 HIVE, and a 5% beneficiary of this post.
Chefs @cibersk8 and @aswita shared some intriguing dishes as well. The spread prepared by chef @cibersk8 would be a filling and delicious dinner, and I can't think of any better dessert to have after that dinner than @aswita's soursop pudding.
This week was an absolute blowout with more entries than ever before. Two recipes you need to check out are from legendary chefs blackberryskunk and carolynstahl. That's not all though, delicious recipes were submitted by tegan.bellamine, morenacanela, heyravegas, kyleana, journeylife, and marian5pacheco.
I give thanks to all of you talented chefs that make my job harder and harder each week, but also more and more fun.
Week #12 Ingredients:
- You can create a dish with all three ingredients, or just one, or even two.
- You can use any other ingredient you like, but one of the listed vegetables should be the feature of the dish.
- You can use item(s) from the other column if you'd like to use a sweet in your savory or a savory in your sweet, but you must use at least one ingredient in the recommended flavor style.
- No animal products can be used
- Post in the Natural Medicine community and use any other tag such as #vegan, #plantbased, and #foodiesbeehive, as your secondary tags
- Please drop the link below this post.
- Also, don't forget the #naturalmedicine tag if you want to earn LOTUS.
- Each week I'll choose a winner to be receive part post beneficiary of my curation posts.
- You'll also win 25 LOTUS & 5 HIVE, courtesy of @NaturalMedicine and me @JustinParke.
- If you'd like to sponsor this challenge, please drop a message below.
- Great posts may get nominated for OCD support, reblogged, tweeted and even tipped!
Earn LOTUS and HIVE rewards for sharing your natural health content on www.naturalmedicine.io. If you don't already have a HIVE account, you can sign up for
FREEhere. We support writers sharing about herbalism, TCM, yoga, meditation, vegan and other healthy diets, as well as earth-centered practices such as foraging, permaculture, and biodynamics - read more about us here!
Delegate | Community | Discord | LotusChat