Hello Dear Friends,
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend. We had some crazy weather changes and Friday was really cold and raining. Thank goodness, it is over now and sun is shining again.
However, enough about the weather and lets talk about this delicious new recipe! Who loves Japanese food? It always was one of my favorites especially teriyaki! Unfortunately, it has been very long time since I dine in Japanese restaurant, not only because I am vegan, but also because of COVID restrictions.
Last time I was out for walk with my daughter, we passed by a beautiful big Japanese restaurant. It was completely empty, as we could see through the big windows and I thought how nice it would be to go in.
Oh well, sadly that is not possible, right now, so I decided to make my own Vegan Chick’n Teriyaki, at home. And oh boy, it turned out absolutely amazing! Besides, much healthier than the one they serve in restaurants. Although, it is nice to sit at the table and be served once in while. That part I miss!
VEGAN CHICK’N TERIYAKI
Vegan Chick’n Teriyaki with Homemade Sauce has all the delicious flavors of Japanese cuisine, yet it is a healthier version of the restaurant kind. Also, easy to make without any special cooking skills.
Vegan – Gluten Free – Refined Sugar Free
Author: Lena Novak - Lena’s Vegan Living
FOR TERIYAKI SAUCE
- 1/3 cup of low sodium Tamari
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 tbsp arrow root powder
- 1 tbsp water
FOR CHICK’N TERIYAKI
- 2 cups Soy Curls soaked for 10minutes and rinsed
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil or oil of your choice
- Garlic powder to taste
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil for flavor
- ¼ cup Teriyaki sauce
- Blend arrow root powder with 1 tbsp water and set aside.
- Mix all the rest of the ingredients in a small pot and bring into a boil.
- Reduce the heat, add the arrow root liquid and whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Take it off the heat and set aside.
- CHICK’N TERIYAKI
- Sauté the soy curls on the hot oil for few seconds, add garlic powder and stir few more seconds until golden brown.
- Add half of the teriyaki sauce and mix well, then turn off the heat.
- Add sesame seed oil and mix again.
- Add the rest of teriyaki sauce and stir well.
- Serve with your favorite veggies. Drizzle with more sauce and top with scallions and sesame seeds.
The Teriyaki sauce can be stored in a refrigerator up to two weeks as long it is sealed in a proper container. If it get's thicker, just add little bit of warm water and stir thoroughly.
Soy curls are available on AMAZON
It is an excellent GMO free product with no additives. It is the next best vegan product after tempeh and tofu.
Thank You for visiting and have a joyful week!💚🌞💚