There are a lot of cool photography contest on Hive. A lot of them are organised weekly. Some of them have the same or recurring themes where others have new subjects every week.
It's fun to compete in them and you can even win some upvotes, Hive or other tokens.
Since it's difficult to keep track of all of them creating this weekly blog post in which I sum up all these photography contests.
The table below shows the different contests and links to the contest post of this week.
Be sure to check the date because some end sooner than others.
I've also included a short description, the rules and the prizes you can win in this post.
If you have any additions or other comments, please let me know.
Weekly photography contests
|Shadow Hunters Contest- Round 188||17-09-2021||/@melinda010100/shadow-hunters-contest-round-188|
|Qurator's Photo Quest Street Photography||17-09-2021||/@qurator/qurators-photo-quest-or-street-photography|
|F O T O C E L F Concurso fotográfico Photography contest #05 [ESP-ENG]||firstname.lastname@example.org/f-o-t-o-c-e-l-f-concurso-fotografico-or-photography-contest-05-esp-eng|
|Welcome To The 'Love The Clouds' Contest! #121 -- 100% Liquid Hive and 50% PoB Prize Pool!||19-09-2021||/@tobetada/welcome-to-the-love-the-clouds-contest-121-100percent-liquid-hive-and-50percent-pob-prize-pool|
|Feathered Friends - Show Me A Photo Contest Round 37||19-09-2021||/@nelinoeva/feathered-friends-show-me-a-c99378be3a8ab|
|CCC's Street Art Contest #58 100% Liquid Payout as Prize Pool & Winners of #57||19-09-2021||/@digi-me/ccc-s-street-art-contest-58-or-100-liquid-payout-as-prize-pool-and-winners-of-57|
|POB photocontest: Subject: TREES||19-09-2021||/@friendlymoose/pob-photocontest-subject-trees|
|MONOMAD - September 19th - Please Read The Contest Rules Before Submitting Your Publications.||19-09-2021||/@monochromes/monomad-september-19th-please-read-the-contest-rules-before-submitting-your-publications|
|SEAPHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST • WEEK 154 • Theme announcement - 10 HIVE PRIZES !!!||20-09-2021||/@marc-allaria/seaphotography-contest-week-154-theme|
Some of last weeks winning photos
Here's an overview of some of last weeks winners of the different contests.
Photo by @akumagai
Photo by @escspencer
Photo by @sumandakz
- You create a post containing a photo of the subject for this round.
- It's important that the photographs you submit are made by you.
- It can be a new photo or one from your archive.
- Add a few words describing your photo; what you photographed, why you photographed it and maybe what settings you used, so others can learn from it.
- You are allowed to send in one photo and the first photo in your post will count.
- You need to add the hashtag #pobphotocontest to your post.
- Finally put a link to your post in the comments.
The 1st place gets 50%, the 2nd 30% and the 3rd place will get 20% of the POB payouts of the contest post.
Qurator Photo Quest
This Photo contest is organised by the @qurator account on a weekly basis.
The contest starts on Fridays with a new subject.
- Only photography-related posts.
- Only the first image of your post will be considered as your entry
- Use the #qurator tag.
- Mention the Photo Quest competition in your post title or somewhere in your post.
- Post your link as a comment in this post to officially enter.
- Posts cannot be older than this post.
- Your entry will not count if you aren't following the above-mentioned rules.
- All entries will be reviewed by the Qurator team.
- Only one entry per week.
- Deadline: 12 hours before this post reaches payout.
- Can't win 1st place two times in a row.
1st Prize 50% upvote
2nd Prize 30% upvote
3rd Prize 15% upvote
Honorable mentions 5% upvote
Photography Lovers Contest
This is the official photocontest of the Photography lovers Community. You can join as an amateur or a pro. It isn't organized every week.
- NO PLAGIARISM! Can't stress this one enough...
- Create a post for the contest. Your post MUST state that it is an entry for this contest and must link back to the contest. If you are just dropping posts here as entries and they do not specifically say they are for this contest, they will be ignored.
- Share your post in the comment section of this post, along with one of your photos.
- You have 6 days from the announcement to make your entry. On the 6th day, the entries will be judged and winners will be announced, so make sure to get your entry in before time runs out.
- Your post must be submitted to the Photography Lovers Community. If it is posted to any other community, it will be ignored.
1st - 15%/10% Beneficiary (Pro/Amateur)
2nd - 10%/8% Beneficiary (Pro/Amateur)
3rd - 8%/5% Beneficiary (Pro/Amateur)
The Photochain challenge is a weekly contest organised by @davidesimoncini. For this contest you need to submit a photo that contains 2-key subjects that have been submitted by the last winners of the contest.
The photo must contain the 2 Key-Subjects that will be communicated in each post of the New Edition and another key-subject of your choice (contained in the photo).
2 HIVE + 2 HIVE SBI
Monomad Black and White Challenge
The Monomad Black and White challenge is a daily photography contest organised by @monochromes
You can actually submit any subject as long as it’s in Black and White.
Post your entries in the Black And White Community (ELIMINATORY FACTOR).
Clearly mention the #monomad challenge in your post title or post body. For example: "This is my entry for the #monomad challenge" (ELIMINATORY FACTOR).
At least 50% of the submitted post, including the first image, needs to be black and white (ELIMINATORY FACTOR).
Use the #monomad tag (ELIMINATORY FACTOR).
Every photograph must be yours. Plagiarism will be immediately reported (ELIMINATORY FACTOR).
Reusing previously posted images will be treated as content recycling and it will be reported as well (ELIMINATORY FACTOR).
We reserve the right to change the contest rules at any given time without further notice.
FIRST PLACE 100% Upvote
SECOND PLACE 50% Upvote
THIRD PLACE 50% Upvote
The Seaphotography by @marc-allaria is a weekly returning contest with typical subjects as sunsets, boats, animals etc.
1- Post your photography on the monday submission post announcing the contest of the week (Below this post!) or on Seaphotography community. Mention Seaphotography contest in the title.
2- Upvote this post announcing the contest is still welcome !
3- The photographer must be the author of the photography presented to the contest. Any attempt at plagiarism will be denounced and its author blacklisted of the contest. NO PLAGIARISM!
4- Write a few words about your photography indicating the place, the exif, or any others informations that the photographer will judge useful. English, French, Spanish, Turkish, Arabic, Marsian, all languages are accepted. However, an English translation in a parallel column could be usefull for everyone ...
5- The photography can be submitted from Monday to Saturday midnight. Only one photography per contest and per author.
The first prize wins 7 Hive
3 honorable mentions earn 1 Hive each
This is a biweekly contest by @uwelang in which you need submit a photograph of…..the sun!
- Post photography, video or written content covering the topic SUN
- Use the tag #SunThursday as your first tag
- Add link to your submission in the comments on THIS post
- Consider to "vote&reblog" this post to spread the contest (not mandatory but it might help)
- Only original (your own) content will qualify
- Prize: 3 Hive
- Prize: 2 Hive
- Prize: 1 Hive
Shadow Hunters Contest
This is a weekly photography contest organised by @melinda010100.
The subject remains the same: shadows.
- Place your entry link in the comment section of this post !
- The photos must be your own.
- One entry per Person. Be fair to everyone and do not enter from more than one account
- The title of your post should make clear that it is an ~ Entry for the Shadow Contest.
- Post into the
- the Shadow Hunters Community
- If you create a post with multiple shadow photos, you should state which one is your entry, otherwise I will assume it is the first photo.
- Please use 👉 #Shadows as one of your first 5 tags.
Hive, upvotes and tips
Feathered Friends - Show Me A Photo Contest
A weekly contest by @nelinoeva that always has a subject that includes birds.
- The photo must be your own.
- Post in the community Feathered Friends
- You may add more photos, but you should state which one is your entry, otherwise the first will be taken into account.
- Tell us something about your photo/s. Use at least 100 words to describe your photo/s.
- Your photo must follow the weekly theme, which will be announced each Sunday.
- Please put the link of your entry in the commment section of the contest post here.
- Put in the title of your post that this is an entry for the contest. (Optional)
- Use #smap as a tag.
🥇First prize is 5 Hive and 100 Ecency points
🥈Second prize is 4 Hive and 100 Ecency points
🥉Third - 3 Hive and 100 Ecency points
🥉Fourth place - 2 Hive and 100 Ecency points
🏅There will be six honourable mentions with 1 Hive and 100 Ecency points each.
CCC’s Street Art Contest
This contest is organized by @digi-me in the Streetart community where you can submit photos of all different forms of street art.
- Competition open to all.
- No reuse of previous photos
- Upvotes and reblog are appreciated to boost post payout for the winners but not a claim.
- Only street art-related posts and remember to tell us where you found it.
- It's not about posting a picture of the largest mural or done by one of the most famous artists. The winners will be judged based on art that has an appeal to us. (visuel, message etc.)
- Mention the CCC's Street Art Contest in your post title or somewhere in your post.
- Post your Street art picture and link as a comment in this post to officially enter.
- Posts cannot be older than this post.
- Only the first photo in your post will be evaluated for the competition.
- Only one entry per week.
- Deadline: 2 hours before this post reaches payout.
- Your entry will not count if you aren't following the above mentioned rules.
100% of all liquid payout shared among 3 finalists!
1st Prize 50%
2nd Prize 30%
3rd Prize 20%
FOTOCELF Photography Contest
The @celfmagazine project promotes and rewards artistic creation on the Hive blockchain.
They organize a two-weekly photography contest
- Only one (1) participation per user will be allowed, you can choose to participate in the first or the second week (it doesn't matter).
- Publish your post in our community using the tag #fotocelf.
- Leave the link to your post in a comment in this publication.
- Give reblog to the contest post.
The participation can be a single photo or a series of photos. These must be original and unpublished on the Hive blockchain and must include a brief written review in order to better understand your participation and the technical, conceptual and/or referential aspects of your work.
Medium Quality: will receive the vote of @camiloferrua.
Medium/High Quality: will receive the vote of @camiloferrua and @celfmagazine.
High Quality: will receive the vote of @camiloferrua, @celfmagazine, @aliento and @theycallmedan.
As a final prize the three (3) best works will win 20 Hives each.
Love the clouds
This contest of @tobetada is not only for photography, but it’s mostly photographs of clouds that people send in.
- Upvote and resteem the contest OR Upvote and promote the contest with a link
- Make a comment with a link of your work below this post
- All of the submitted works must be original and made by you!
- Only 1 entry/post per person
- Post in the 'Love The Clouds Community' or use the #lovetheclouds tag
There will be 3 finalists chosen by the community in an upcoming post entitled "Love The Clouds Finalists?", so be sure to vote if you are a community member!
Each finalist will receive their equal share of the Hive liquid payout !
Additionally there will be four honorable mentions who will each get a 50% upvote
Reflection Hunters Contest
A weekly photography contest from @annephilbrick with the subject reflections.
🔆Place your entry link in the comment section of this post.
🔅The photos must be your own.
🔅One entry per person.
🔅The title of your post should make clear that it is an ~ Entry for the Reflection Hunters Contest.
🔅Post in the 👉 Shadow Hunters Community
🔅If you create a post with multiple reflection photos, you should state which one is your entry, otherwise I will assume it is the first photo.
🔆Please use 👉 #Reflections as one of your first 5 tags.
5 Winners will be chosen and each Winner will receive 3 Hive and 100 Ecency POINTS.
- If you have spotted any mistakes, do you know of another contest that can be added or have any other comments, please let me know.
If you want to get notified of my next Weekly Photography Contest blogs I can add you to the following list. Just let me know in the comments 😊
@xcountytravelers @tripode @suzana72 @gvkanten @brittandjosie @xaviduran
If you want a mention when your name is on one of the lists, just let me know in the comments.
Photographing is my passion. Although I like photography in general, nature photography is one of my favourite subjects. I often go out with my camera for a hike to capture the beauty of nature.
I would love to read what you think of my photos in the comments. You could also contact me if you have any other remarks or questions in the comments of via Discord (friendlymoose#5717)
Check out my weekly overview of the different photography contests:
Check out my daily stats of the ProofOfBrain community:
Check out my daily stats of the Leofinance community: