Greetings MED-Hive community!
Hello everyone... It's time to follow along with our health weekly discussion around the theme of the month, which this time is about VISION AND EYE HEALTH. If you wish to know more about the monthly contest and prizes at stake please go to this post.
We are looking forward to reading all your posts about the subject at hand! This week we are looking for a pinch of personal touch to our posts. We want to know each and every one of you, your story and your struggles and we want you to share it with us! Curious? Let's see what the week has installed for us...
Discussion of the week
We are proposing our community members to join us this week and do a post that answers the following question 👇
Here are some suggestions to help those creative minds:
- How did you find out about your visual impairment?
- Does wearing glasses change anything in your daily life?
- Was anyone with you when you found out? Who supported you?
- How did you adjust to the change of wearing glasses?
Have fun exploring however you'd like!
Yes, more rewards are at stake here!! The rewards will be as follow:
1 HIVE for the best post overall
50 Ecency points for everyone who participates
👉 To be eligible for the HIVE and ECENCY WEEKLY REWARDS you must: 👈
- Follow the rules of the community
- Subscribe to MED-Hive community
- Join our Discord Channel and register if you are a health professional
Do a post answering the question of the week between 00:00 UTC of December 19 and 23:59UTC of December 23th
- The use of the following tag: #medhive
- Engage within the community through comments and supporting others
- Place a link to your post in the comment section below
⚠️ Minimum 300-word posts (original language only)
👉 All these simple steps must be followed in order to be eligible for the rewards 👈
We will consider engagement levels, writing quality, level of evidence, readability of the content, relevance for the weekly discussion, creativity, and if you followed all the rules. A post announcing the winner will be made at the end of the week, Sunday, and prizes will be distributed.
Important Notes & Rules
Posts are welcome from everyone in and out of the community, everyone is welcome to join the discussion. Feel free to express yourself about this. Write your post around the focus area in a way that will:
Enlighten the community.
Equip readers to make healthy decisions.
Correct harmful health practices.
Encourage healthy practices.
Create and promote necessary health awareness.
The post should contain:
- An English translation if written in a native language.
- If any external material or resource is used in the post, it should be well cited and ensure proper images tailored to your post are used and rightly sourced.
- If references are used, place the link of each one at the end of your post, in a way it's easily accessible.
- The use of the following tag: #medhive
Remember to engage with others' posts and let's make the community lively. Kindly share your post on Twitter with the #medhive and #posh tag. Make sure your account is registered, giving you the possibility to earn posh tokens and also spread the word of Hive to the community on Twitter.
Let's not forget the most important rule of all:
Plagiarism is not tolerated, you are solely responsible to confirm your information and source your references properly.
Join us on Discord
If you are a health professional (med-member)
Becoming a registered member is a way to ensure scrutiny of information and credential to keep our readers safe from harmful information. We ask all health professional members to join our Discord Channel so you can complete the registration process there and get your role assigned. We will be available if you need any assistance.
If you are a non-medical member
Non-medical members are also encouraged to join the Community and Discord. You will get a non-med role assigned and more importantly, you'll join in the fun! We welcome posts meeting the requirements of the community from you too.
PLEASE CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN OR HEALTH PROVIDER IF YOU HAVE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR HEALTH. AVOID SEEKING CONSULTATIONS FOR TREATMENT ON THE PLATFORM. YOU DO THAT AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE COMMUNITY SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR WHATEVER OUTCOME.
To help support the community you can reblog, comment, upvote or even delegate to the @med-hive community account, using the following links:
Also, you can join our voting trail and help us curate good quality content. We appreciate all the help we can get to reach out to more people that might benefit from our content and to properly reward our community authors.
Have fun and learn! We look forward to hearing from you all.
Useful resources and links for this month's theme:
- Causes of blindness and vision impairment in 2020 and trends over 30 years, and prevalence of avoidable blindness in relation to VISION 2020: the Right to Sight: an analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study
- World Health Organization
- International Agency for Prevention of Blindness
- World Health Assembly (WHA)