Few days to the end of the year 2022 and the beginning of a new year 2023. Our health is very important let's prepare to live healthy.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO IMPROVE IN YOUR LIFESTYLE THAT WOULD BENEFIT YOUR HEALTH?
As the saying goes Health is wealth, it's only a healthy man/woman that can function properly.
We might be living the best of our life, some of us have obtained the highest certificate of our dreams and many other good things in life but it's only in good health that we can enjoy all these good things of life.
1. STAY HEALTHY THE BEST WAY I CAN
I have to develop a culture of taking more fruits and vegetables just like they tell us during my anti-natal classes that fruits and vegetables help the growth of the child and one of the most important fruit is the apple. preventing mosquitoes from biting us, drinking good water and so on. In summary, we should be conscious of what we take into our bodies to keep us in good health.
2. HOW OFTEN DO I PARTICIPATE IN PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES?
I remember in my secondary school days on Tuesdays and Thursdays, light out happens earlier than other days because we woke up early for morning exercise to keep fit. We were also told that physical activities improve our brains, reduce disease and strengthen the bone. I need to try as much as I can to participate in physical activities. I need to engage in physical activity to stay healthy.
3. I INTEND TO SET ACHIEVABLE HEALTHY GOALS
Goals setting is good and setting healthy goals would keep me in good health, and would reduce my risk of illness, I intend to always check my blood pressure every week, that way I would understand how well my body is functioning.
WHAT UNHEALTHY HABIT DO YOU WISH TO CHANGE
1. Refine sugar intake: Am above 30 years and I dont think sugar intake has a major role in my bodybuilding. I need to stop all intake of refined sugar and stick with the ones from Natural food.
2. Not exercising enough: our body needs exercise to keep us fit, reduce the fat in our body and make us feel healthy.
3. Not getting enough sleep
4. Not drinking enough water
Am so guilty of all I have mentioned and I intend to change all my unhealthy habits. I remember when I was still single and I lived with my aunty, her husband was a medical doctor, he made sure we eat, drink healthy and live a healthy life.
SET THREE OBJECTIVES FOR 2023 TO IMPROVE YOUR HEALTH OR CHANGE UNHEALTHY HABITS.
It's easy to set objectives but very hard to carry them out. It's just like a bad habit of smoking its easy to start smoking but very difficult to stop it. The same applies to my bad habits but this time, am set to achieve them.
1. Use a reminder: With the help of my family and friends who know, I intend to improve my unhealthy habit
2. Set clear goals: Now that I have informed my family, I have to set clear goals and work towards achieving them with the help of my family and friends.
3. One at a time: with my list of unhealthy habits I intend to go through them, one at a time, that way my brain can understand and easily adapt to the new rules.
Am hopeful I would be able to apply these new rules and work on my unhealthy habits.
Thank you for reading.
Only the first picture is mine
Anti-natal class during pregnancy,
Physical Education lessons from secondary school.