I recently had the chance to sit down again with Jacques Whales to discuss decentralization, blockchain social media, censorship, and much more. He is one of the co-founders at Discussions.App and gives us some insight into how they are approaching blockchain integrated social media and what Discussions is all about.
Discussions is a decentralized application or DApp running on the EOS blockchain that uses the token ATMOS. Users can tip and receive tips to reward quality content and engagement on the platform creating and empowering a monetizable ecosystem of content on the blockchain.
These are some of the questions we went over:
• Can you both tell us a little bit about yourselves?
• Let’s talk about decentralized social media and how it’s different centralized social media platforms
• Let’s discuss how blockchain integration ties into dapps and social platforms using crypto
• There’s a lot of censorship and privacy issues on legacy platforms today, while not all blockchain platforms solve this, they tend to lean towards free speech, what are your thoughts on the current social media space?
• Can you give us a brief introduction to Discussions.app?
• How does Discussions.app integrate with the blockchain?
• How decentralized is Discussions.app?
• How does Discussions.app deal with free speech and censorship?
• Can you give a quick breakdown of EOS and how you utilize it?
• Let’s highlight some of the problems with EOS so that people are fully aware of what it is and how Discussions solves this
• Do you want to tell us a little bit about the ATMOS token?
• What are the next big updates for Discussions.app to release soon or that are in the works?
• So where can everyone go to learn more about this?
Check out https://discussions.app/ for more information and to learn more about what they have to offer.
If you didn’t catch the original interview I did with Jacques and Paul Motschall here: https://lbry.tv/@ScottCBusiness:4/Interviewing-Jacques-Whales-and-Paul-Motschall-From-Discussions:f
What are your thoughts on censorship? Do you still use legacy platforms? Do you still have faith in them? What are your thoughts on blockchain integrated and crypto-monetized social platforms? Have you used Discussions.app? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below and don’t’ forget to like, share, and subscribe!