Wow! What a great start to this twice monthly event!
After a couple of moans and groans about the topic and too much guff in the announcement post, we had seven fabulous entries.
(Translation: too long; didn't (don't want to) read.... It'll just take 5 minutes...
If you don't want to read too much, skip to the end and for the #bow winner and the new topic.
This week's contributions
Before I get to the entries, two words from the panel:
- We all agreed that there were some fabulous entries. When we began this journey with you, we were anxious that we'd have difficulty
choosingreaching consensus and resolved to make use of a random pick machine. Seems that was not the case, this week, anyway. Two of the panel have had other engagements (life happens, you know), so there were just three of us. It's good to have an odd number so that our fearless leader isn't faced with the conundrum of a split vote. Happily, another of the crew was able to power up - literally - and added his consensus vote before we hit "publish".
- Do pop over and read the contributions. Remember that even though payout dates may have gone, you can still comment and reward deserving posts by sending a tip.
Variations on the theme: Funny, imaginative and diverse
First off the mark, as the announcement post was still hot off the press, was @pandamama whose post was followed by another six. The seventh, from @lizelle was not eligible for a prize; I enjoyed her silver and golden memories.
Pandamama's silver hair among her golden pomegranates - read her post here
Life is too short not to laugh. Two contributions - entirely different in their own ways, but similarly self-deprecating - had us roaring with laughter.
The literally silver haired @mondoshawan declared himself forever young (aren't we all?) and @thebigsweed
found himself victim of a scam invested in Magic Hair cream - just for this occasion. We are so honoured.
The silver selection
As I mentioned, it was a consensus decision: three contributions shone for us all.
That "Passionate Love story"
Now I have your attention, @artywink confessed that although she has a lot to do, she's determined to finish her novel before I lose my hair and teeth. In the meantime she writes (among other things) and paints.
No, not senora
I so relate to @carolynstahl's tightening stomach and cringes when someone, just 18 years her junior, calls her senora. I loathe it when I'm called tannie (auntie). Even though I understand it's a mark of respect. Pah!
Instead of lamenting, Carolyn threaded us through the silver streets of Montreal, showing us its golden buildings.
Blog of the Week: A silver's ode to youth and old age
One by one my experience
one thread per year
one thread per adventure
a thread for my sadness
a thread for my joys
silver threads on gold
Take a bow, Isabel!
What Isabel wins
Isabel wins 50% of rewards on this post so her account has been set as a beneficiary.
Theme for the week ending 14 June
The theme for the new week was largely inspired by a comment - and there were lots - on one of the contributions to this edition of #bow:
Remember to let your imagination go, and have fun!
If you have topic suggestions, please leave them in the comments? They don't have to include "silver" - themes can be what you will and content creators will make of them what they will.
How to enter your post for the Blog of the Week (#BoW)
- Posts must be in English and obviously centre on the week’s topic.
- Prose must be a minimum of 350 words. If it’s a photo or graphic essay, the photos must be your original work and preferably with some sort of back-story to the images.
- The blog must be posted in/from our community
- Tag it #BoW - blog of the week. And follow the tag so you can easily find other entries.
- Share the link to your post in the comments of this post.
The contest closes at midnight GMT (also known as UTC) on Monday 14 June 2021 and the winners will be announced later the following week.
Thanks as always to the panel headed up by @lizelle, with @papilloncharity, @ericvancewalton, @tarazkp and I (@fionasfavourites). We may, from time to time contribute to #bow, but will not be considered for prizes.
Help to build the prize pool by delegating and build the Silver Bloggers’ community
We’d like to be able to support our members and grow this community. Help us do this in one of two ways (or both):
- add the community account to your fanbase so that you can autovote the Silver Bloggers community account (@hive-106316)
- with a delegation which you can either do yourself from your wallet, or pick an amount from the table below.
Come and join our Silver Bloggers community