Many of the very delicious raw vegan salad dressings are made out of nuts and like it is often the case with food, all those mind-blowing recipes usually involve the more expensive ingredients. As a traveler my budget is something I watch very closely and although I like to indulge in the really good stuff when it comes to food, this is not something I need every day.
Sooo, here is a very simple and budget-friendly dressing recipe, that you can easily adapt to your taste buds with any herbs and spices that make your dinner salad to a winning combo.
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 red onion 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 thumb ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 cups water
- 1 bunch of spring onion
Sunflower seeds are available pretty much anywhere around the world and in my experience they are a very affordable ingredient. If you include nuts and seeds into your salad, let it be in a salad dressing like this or as a topping, chances are higher that you don’t grab for some fatty snacks as a dessert since it makes your meal much more satisfying and fulfilling.
I just threw everything into my blender and waited for the mixture to turn bright yellow and creamy. I then coupled this bowl of sunshine with a colorful salad mixture and ready was my raw vegan dinner.
What meal would you coat with this tasty sunflower seed dressing?
Have a wonderful day and a fruitful journey ahead!
Nomadic adventuress since 2018 | Raw foodie | Health enthusiast | Minimalist | Freedom seeker | Passionate believer in a life full of bliss.
🍓Hungry for some more healthy nuggets? Check out my raw vegan posts:
- Delicious BLISS BALLS with Coconut and Raisins
- Tackling the summer heat with WATERMELON GAZPACHO
- Tropical Fruit Salad for Minimalists
- Tamarind-Pear Smoothie with Cinnamon
🌟Explore your full potential, with my health and lifestyle posts:
- RAW VEGAN DIET in a Nutshell - What, Why and How?
- POWER OF NATURE - How I Healed my Tonsillitis Within 5 Days
- Why I got rid of my TV - How to make the most of your time!
- Bowel movement right after your morning coffee? Demasking a hidden constipation
🗺 Time for some more adventures - follow me around the world: