Peanut butter has lots of uses specially if you are vegan. I never used it when I was not vegan, but now really I love this creamy and delicious stuff. Initially, I used to buy it from the market and used in various recipes like cookies, chocolate etc but now as consumption is increasing I made it at home and found it very cheap and fresh as compared to market one.
As I am planning to make cookies and chocolate so today I made this myself. I am really surprised to get the results. It is very easy to make, fresh, vegan as no additives added, delicious and very economical.
It is a one ingredient recipe but if required a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of peanut oil can be added to make peanut butter out of 1 cup peanuts.
- Roast peanuts for few minutes on low to medium flame. Roasting helps to remove the skin easily and as it becomes crunchy so easy to grind also.
- Remove skin by placing and rubbing between the kitchen towel.
- Now grind it slowly to make powder. Then grind more, as oil starts to come out it will become a lump.
- Give rest to the grinder and again grind for few minutes, give rest and repeat the process till it becomes a paste. I completed all process in half an hour.
Your fresh, creamy and delicious peanut butter is ready to consume.
It can be used in so many ways and a good ingredient in so many recipes.
- How do you use peanut butter? Have you ever made it yourself?