Hello My Dearest Foodies,
When I bought these yams, I knew one was orange inside, but I wasn't sure about the other two. I was hoping for purple, because I was looking for one for a while, however, I did not expect to get one yellow. I actually didn't know until they were all baked and I cut them in half. It was quite a lovely surprise, because they looked so pretty side by side. I know you are wondering why I didn't take photo of them at that point, but the lighting in my kitchen is casting too much shadows and I am tired to deal with it, especially now with my achy hands, lol. And I didn't have my photoshoot lighting set up yet. Nevertheless, I still like the purple one the most especially in combination with the lime green color of the dressing and Edamame. Not to forget, the purple yam has quite different, but very tasty flavor and texture. Also, make sure you serve it with steamed, garlicky, baby spinach, topped with roasted pine nuts.
Oven Baked Yams Loaded with Edamame Beans & Served Tahini Spinach Dressing
Vegan – Gluten Free
Author: Lena’s Vegan Living
• Yams 3 (same, all rainbow colors)
• Edamame beans frozen 1 ½ cup
• Sprouts to garnish
• Himalayan Pink Salt
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Make an incision on each potato and bake for 40 min.
• When ready, cut each potato in half and scoop out 1 tbs from each half.
• Place each half on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
• Brush lightly with oil and add salt.
• Set the oven to broil and bake for 10 more minutes.
• When ready, top with Edamame, dressing, sprouts and serve.
It goes well with steamed baby spinach topped with roasted pine nuts.
FOR THE DRESSING
• Baby Spinach ½ cup
• Tahini 3tbs
• Cashews ½ cup presoaked overnight and rinsed (or vegan mayo ¼ cup)
• Juice from 2 lemons
• Garlic powder to taste
• Black pepper to taste
• Himalayan Pink salt to taste
• Water ¼ cup (you may add more if needed)
Blend all in a blender until smooth.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING & BON APPETIT
FOR RECIPES PLEASE VISIT MY Lena's Vegan Living Blog