In this post, I would like to introduce you to a weekly contest that I will start next Sunday. I initially thought to start it on October 6th but decided to postpone the launch date to Sunday, October 13th. This is a ventured out project with an SBI share award for the 2 winners I will choose every week.
While I was thinking about how to build this contest, I said to myself: since we are on a blockchain, why not create a contest that is an analogy to the functioning of the blockchain itself? So, I decided to create the PhotoChain Contest, a contest where every photo must be linked to the photo of previous editions.
This is a photography contest on the steem blockchain. This contest will take place weekly. This contest will reward 2 winners every week.
Total weekly prize: 2 SBI share = 1 SBI share for each of the two winners. Every week, I will choose 2 photos from submitting in the comments section and I'll mention them in the Official PhotoChain Post as the weekly winners. Each of the photo authors will receive 1 SBI. SBI is an abbreviation of SteemBasicIncome, a social experiment on the steem blockchain. If you need more info, go to the SteemBasicIncome official account and the SBI FAQ Page.
The prize money described here will be the initial prize. Should the project take off there could be additional additions that I reserve the right to make.
In the first editions post - that I'll publish on October 13th 2019, time zone UTC/GMT+2 - I'll post a simple photo mentioning 2 subjects/objects that will appear in the photo. The participants will have 7 days (from the start to the Post Payout Time) to submit their own photo. You will have to post a photo in the comment section but the photo will have to contain the 2 objects/subjects that I mentioned the previous week. No more than 1 photo per author will be accepted. With the photo, the author will have to comment with 3 objects/subjects that appear in their own photo but the first 2 objects/subjects will have to be the same of the previous week. When the week will end, I'll choose the 2 photos that will have impressed me more. Here the Blockchain-like functioning: the third objects/subjects mentioned from the 2 winners will become the two Key-Subjects of the next week and the participants will have to post only photos that will contain the 2 subjects. At this point, the cycle will start again and the new participants' will have to post the photo mentioning the 2 Key-Subjects (that will have to appear in the photo) and one different another (that will have to appear in the photo). The third object/subject of the photos that I will choose as the winners will be the Key-Subject of the following week.
The only exception in which I will be able to change the Key-Subject will be when improbable or highly risky combinations will jeopardize for good participation (for example, a spaceship with wild boar)
For the Zero Edition, I choose Sky and Vegetation as Key-Subjects. The participants comment with their work and the objects/subjects word. The weekly contest finish and I choose the 2 winners.
The first winner, Gennarino, has posted this:
Sky - Vegetation - Train
The second winner, Ambrogetto, has posted this:
Sky - Vegetation - Flower
I write an announcement post for the new weekly edition and the words Train and Flower will be the new Key-Subject: every photo submit in the week must contain both train (or simple part of it), flower (or simple part of it) and another object/subject at own choice.
Then I repeat the entire procedure: so, every weekly contest remains connected to the result of the previous competition.
1) SUBMIT IN THE COMMENT SECTION:
- The photo that contains the two Key-Subjects;
- A Comment with the two Key-Subjects + another subject of your choice contained in the photo. (If you posted the image in your blog, you can post the link to that page, but you must add your photo anyway in the comment)
2) ONLY IF YOU WANT: mention another person you think would like this challenge.
3) NO FOLLOW, UPVOTE, RESTEEM REQUIRED.
4) WAIT FOR THE NEXT WEEK:
I'll write 2 posts, one for the weekly edition start and one for the Winners Announcements. In the first, I'll reveal the two Key-Subject for the following edition.
- NO PLAGIARISM!
- When I choose a winner, I check his/her profile. If the author is to the attention of @steemcleaners or/and @cheetah, I will not confer the title. If you are in the blacklist of these accounts, consult one of their FAQ Page.
- The duration of the contest: 7 days, from the start announcement post to the Post Payout Time.
- For the firsts 5 weeks, there will be no restrictions. Later, the winners of the week cannot win the contest the following week; if they want, they can still participate, but not win.
- Editing is allowed.
- Every Color Cover is allowed, including Black and White.
- Every Theme is allowed: no censorship except for extremely explicit content. The nsfw contents are allowed but I will not utilize the nsfw tag for the PhotoChain Post: so, if I choose a nsfw photo as a winner, I will not insert it as an image in the official post (only as a mention or a link to the original post)
- IMPORTANT: I invited the participants to use fairly large categories as subjects so as not to sabotage participation. You haven't to use proper names (of cities, places, mountains, species, etc)
Don't utilize the subject snow bear but only animals; naturally I will give more importance to the photo of an animal that is not often photographed compared to a simple domestic cat.
REMEMBER! The more general the category used as a subject, the greater the participation in the competition, the greater the prizes in the future.
- Finally, I'll advance with the prizes awarding 2 days approx after the finish of the weekly challenge. I'll write the transaction ID in the winners' announcements post.
I would like to start this weekend already. Based on how many interactions I will be able to reach with this post I will be able to get an idea of whether to leave immediately or wait a week yet. In the future, I intend to launch a discord group ... but one step at a time.
What's your opinion? You might be interested? If you know another person that you think might like this challenge, mention it in the comments.
Thanks for your attention! :)